TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Fair enough. Although my initial reaction here is to lash
People Seeking Info

Subject Fair enough. Although my initial reaction here is to lash

Posted by Ash's Z on September 07, 2008 at 12:27 AM
  This message has been viewed 748 times.

In Reply To You guess correctly >>> posted by LitlElvis on September 06, 2008 at 11:39 PM

Message back with a response of the same nature as yours, it just isn't worth the blood pressure to do so. So I'll stick to the facts:

Can you explain to me why a brand new set of VTCs wont rattle for some time? If the spring rate was the problem, wouldn't you expect a brand new set to rattle right off the bat when used with the upgraded springs and cams?

Again, If the spring is the culprit, then are you suggesting that the spring is losing temper over that number of miles, resulting in the piston helix bouncing off its stop once enough tension has been lost in the spring?

And why is it that when I sinch up the axial slop and use the OEM spring, that it ceases to rattle any longer?

Wouldn't the answers to these questions deductively resolve the question as to whether or not the spring really is the problem?

For what it is worth, If I really wanted to smear you, I Would have said all the things in the same context with which you have made it appear as though I have. I feel I have taken a very diplomatic approach to revealing this information and did not say those things - you said them. I do not look at this from the perspective you think I am - I only put some time into a problem and found a fix... and I certainly haven't come in here saying the things you just did. So please do not put words in my mouth anymore - it is just, so, unprofessional...

[ ashspecz.com ]
[ agpowers@bellsouth.net ]

Enthusiasts soon understand each other. --W. Irving.
Are you an enthusiast?

If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.
Albert Einstein

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.